Interdisciplinary Mental Health Rehabilitation Program (PRISM and PRISM +)
Aware of the growing importance of mental health issues, we have developed two programs that can help this clientele: the PRISM program, which we have been offering for several years, and our brand new PRISM + program.
People who are out of work following a mental health diagnosis regularly have issues that may have a major impact on their ability to function on a daily basis.
PRISM: TAILORED PROGRAM TO OVERCOME MENTAL HEALTH DISORDERS
The Interdisciplinary Mental Health Rehabilitation Program was designed specifically to meet the needs of individuals with mental health issues (common mental disorders). The program aims to restore the quality of life of these individuals and help them resume their personal and professional activities through the following interventions:
- Supported by the interdisciplinary team (kinesiologist, occupational therapist and psychologist);
- Contract of engagement that makes the person responsible for his rehabilitation process;
- Demonstration of the positive impact of physical activity on mental health by the kinesiologist;
- Structuring a daily routine with the occupational therapist, and the gradual recovery of significant activities;
- Educational workshops on various subjects relevant to the condition of the person;
- Evaluation reports and communications to the attending physician, psychologist (if outside) and the insurer;
- A proposal for a gradual return to work as the case may be, when the person is considered suitable by the interdisciplinary team and the doctor;
- Visit the workplace if necessary, in order to reduce anxiety and educate the employer about the importance of supporting the worker.
PROGRAM PRISM +
Recently, the Cliniques d’Évaluation et de Réadaptation have developed a new innovation in mental health : the PRISM PLUS program.
The PRISM PLUS program, which has already enabled several people with mental health problems to go back to their pre-injury activities, offers even more options to the clientele.
The main features of this rehabilitation program
- Anyone with a mental health diagnosis (common mental disorder), or with a pain management issue, whether or not physically consolidated and on medium or long-term disability.
- Clients with a light TBI can also benefit from this program.
Objectives of the PRISM PLUS program
- Help the individual reactivate, by giving concrete tools to manage pain and manage stress and emotions.
- Encourage the resumption of pre-injury activities, including work.
Main elements contained in the PRISM PLUS program
- Functional activities.
- Supervised workplaces in clinics, in order to :
- Develop an occupational schedule and a worker role;
- Help the individual gradually reactivate and develop his working capacities;
- Provide concrete tools for managing pain, stress and emotions;
- Objectify work capacities;
- Document person’s capacities, including behavioral and functional;
- Facilitate the transition from the clinic to the workplace.
- Socio-professional platforms supervised in real environment (volunteer / stage).
- Home meetings in order to:
- Integrate the activities of everyday life and domestic life (management of the occupational schedule);
- Increase functional capacities at home.
Depending of the needs, the team includes the following professionals: Occupational Therapist, Kinesiologist, Psychologist, Physiotherapist, Employment Counselor and / or Carreer Counselor (when the employment relationship is broken or when a reorientation is required).
List of workshops offered to patients
Here is an example of the workshops offered to patients who are present in the clinic:
- Full consciousness
- Sleep Hygiene
- Emotions management
- Energy management
- Stress management
- Self-esteem, self-affirmation
- Pain management
- Balanced Occupational Schedule