Development of work capacities
The purpose of this adapted intensity program is to support the worker in increasing his physical capacities following a work stoppage so that he may return to his tasks promptly and decisively.
The worker who is integrated to the work capacity development program is supervised by a complete staff of health professionals including an occupational therapist, a physiotherapist, a kinesiologist and a psychologist. The members of the team discuss regularly on the progress made and adjustments to make, if necessary. The Clinical Coordinator contacts the employer and attending physician whenever necessary. Psychoeducation workshops on various subjects are offered throughout the program.
We namely use the following approaches to help a worker overcome the obstacles that led to the chronicity and to help him regain his autonomy:
- simulations of work tasks;
- teaching of postural hygiene;
- development of problem solving strategies;
- teaching of pain and stress management;
- training with effort;
- psychological education;
- physical reactivation;
- planning of the return to work, if applicable, with the patient, employer, attending physician and rehabilitation counsellor;
- workplace visit if necessary;
- follow-up during the return to work where appropriate.